Invited Artist Page. (If you are submitting work for jurying, go to patterns.artcall.org and click the green register button in the upper right hand corner.)
Dear Invited Artist,
Since 2007, the Professional Outreach Program (POP) of the American Association of Woodturners has sponsored invitational exhibitions of small scale works. The annual exhibitions bring together works by professional studio turners from many countries. The theme for 2016 is Patterns.
All pieces will be offered in a simultaneous live and online auction scheduled for June 11, 2016. Artists may retain up to 50% of the auction price, or take a lower percentage to help support POP initiatives, including grants, fellowships, awards, and panel discussions. Artists may set a reserve if desired.
Prior to the AAW Symposium, the show will be displayed at the AAW Gallery of Wood Art in St. Paul, Minnesota from March 6 to May 23, 2015. All pieces will be professionally photographed for the online auction and included in a print catalog; participating artists receive complimentary copies.
- Work as displayed must be 8” x 8” x 8” (20.3 cm) or less on all sides.
- Work must relate to the theme.
- Work will be photographed by AAW for the catalog, but if you have images to send in advance, we would gladly welcome them. Image files should be in .jpg format, and 2800 pixels on the longest dimension. You may include up to three views of each piece.
- POP reserves the right to remove from the show
- Work must be shipped to the AAW by February 1, 2016
- Documentation could include any of the following: a series of photos of your process, photographs of you working, short videos of the process or a particular phase of the process (the turning, painting, carving), sketches, sample boards, etc. Although the primary focus is on the physical process of making, documentation of the inner process (journal, sketches, images of inspiration sources, etc.) is also welcome. If you have documentation, we will provide a separate link for uploading those files.
Work pictured: Jérôme Blanc, Onde, 2015. To see catalogs from past exhibitions, visit http://galleryofwoodart.org/pastexhibits.html